Nordic Kids Instructors continuously strive to provide the kids with best possible experience. This means taking the leadership role seriously when it comes to respect for the children, respect for the environment and for developing our skills as instructors. At the same time, instructors do not take themselves too seriously when it comes to playing and just having a good time on the snow.
Spokane Nordic provides several opportunities for instructors to work on their skiing and instructor skills.
If you are interested in becoming a Nordic Kids instructor please contact Natasha Sharman (natalysharman @yahoo.com).
1. NK skills guidelines: this doc shows the level of skill kids should have at each level of Nordic Kids
2. NK games list
3. Working through PSIA pyramid: this doc shows how the PSIA instruction pyramid plays out in teaching Stride and Herringbone
4. Skill Building Progression for Diagonal Stride: graphic showing how to teach Stride
5. Skill Building Progression for Herringbone: graphic showing how to teach Herringbone
6. Year-end skier report card
7. NK Instructor's cheat sheet from Frank Burns
Watch for communication on upcoming training sessions.
Spokane Nordic is committed to creating, developing and delivering programs to foster Nordic skiing
within the greater Spokane Community through efforts of organization, advocacy, and communication.
Spokane Nordic Ski Association is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization.
P.O. Box 501, Spokane, WA, 99210